If you are to look for the best insurance companies in the US, then Delta Dental Insurance would be one that would be recommended to you. Delta Dental has been in the business for over 50 years. There are different types of insurance that are administered under Delta Dental.
Each plan has its own benefits and is different to suit your needs. There is the PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) plans, HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) plans or what they call Prepaid plans, Fee-for-service plans, and Discount plans or Reduced-fee-for-service which is not really an insurance but provides discounts for a particular network of dentists. For detailed information on the types of insurances, you can go to
Delta Dental offers exclusive plans for members of an alumni association, union or other membership organization such as AARP. AARP Dental Insurance Plan is a collaboration of the AARP group and Delta Dental to provide dental insurance to its thousands of members. This has become one of the best dental insurance given since it provides more dental coverage; more affiliated and trusted dentists, network of dental clinics, more benefits to more states in the US. To sum it up, there are basically two plan choices, with a 2-yr rate guarantee, 3 dental cleanings (prophylaxis), have individual and family enrollment options and wide selection of registered dentists.
1. AARP Delta Plan A
- Covers 100% (paid by Delta) Diagnostic and Preventive dental procedures. This would include check-ups, exams, x-rays and cleanings.
- 80% on Periodontal maintenance cleanings. This is also called gum cleanings or prophylaxis.
- 80% on Denture repairs
- $50 Deductible and $1500 Maximums per enrollee
- 100% coverage on Dental accident ($1000 lifetime maximum for annual rate payments)
2. AARP Delta Plan B
- Covers 80% (the remaining 20% paid by the member) Diagnostic and Preventive dental procedures
- 50% on Periodontal maintenance cleanings
- 50% on Denture repairs
- $100 Deductible and $1000 Maximums per enrollee
Both AARP dental plans have 50% coverage on Restorations (fillings), oral surgery, and root canals. And after one year of continuous enrollment, both plans have additional benefits that will cover 50% on gum disease treatment, crown/cast restorations, dental implant services, dentures, and TMJ disorders. $300 TMJ Dysfunction maximums for both plans are given per enrollee.
If you want to know more about AARP Dental Insurance or is interested in joining their organization, you can check out their websites at:
All concerns can be emailed through firstname.lastname@example.org.
For customer inquiries, their toll-free number is open Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time and/or Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Their number is 1-866-583-2085 (TTY: 1-800-735-2929). You can send snail mail them at:
AARP Dental Insurance Plan
Delta Dental Insurance Company
P.O. Box 2059
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-0759